Anyone own both mitkon 35 and Fuji 35 1.4?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Fuji Maine Contributing Member • Posts: 610
Anyone own both mitkon 35 and Fuji 35 1.4?

I love my 35 1.4, at least most the time. It renders a beautiful image and when there is decent light but even then it focuses at the speed of smell. The CAF is unusable for video though which is when I like to use that focal length the most. So I'm thinking about picking up the mitakon. Reviews seem to be very positive and from what I've read it seems like the focus ring is pretty well dampened and has a decent throw to it which makes it ideal of manually focusing video. With it currently on sale I'm tempted to the point that it's sitting in my cart. I'm not one to usually get GAS like this. My current shorter focal length lineup is the 16 1.4, 35 1.4 and 56 1.2. The 16 is the only one of the trio that has any sort of reliable AF for video so I need something to fill the gap. I guess it's not a bad thing to own two lenses of the same focal length if it's one I use frequently but I'm curious if anyone owns both or has owned both and what your thoughts are on them. Bonus points if you've used the manual focus mitakon for video and can speak to the experience.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow