Nikon Z7 Buffer Depth - Holy Cow!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sunnycal
sunnycal Regular Member • Posts: 394
Nikon Z7 Buffer Depth - Holy Cow!

Today I was checking out Sony R IV and just tested its buffer depth, it came out to be a little less than advertised but it was in ball park.

Decided to check where Z7 stands as compared to the claimed buffer. So set if to H+ (extended high) and pressed shutter button and waited for the buffer to fill up. Which I expected in about three seconds, but I kept the shutter pressed and the camera kept going! I had to give up after a while!

I tried with both 14-bit lossless compressed and 12-bit lossy compressed Raw. In the first case, images captured were 97, and in the second case 132 were captured before I gave up! It is not that the buffer is larger then advertised, it is that it was clearing so fast that camera just didn't run into any hiccup!

I guess, XQD cards have some value after all.

sunnycal's gear list:sunnycal's gear list
Canon EOS 5D Mark II Nikon D810 Sony a6300 Sony a7R III Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro +13 more
Nikon Z7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow