Which fisheye? sigma 15/nikon 16/samyang 12?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
Kenster63 Forum Member • Posts: 86
Re: Which fisheye? sigma 15/nikon 16/samyang 12?

Tomx72 wrote:

I need a fisheye and can't really find comparable reviews as there are good lenses from 3 decades before.

I'd use the lens mostly for astro-landscapes, good wide open performance is important: little vignetting and coma if possible at f/2.8. General sharpness, resistance to flare is also very welcome, as I am interested to use it for daylight shooting too.

The camera is a z6, but I don't need AF - practically I am fine to mount anything that has an available mount adapter.

The only fisheye I have any experience with is the Sigma 15mm, which came highly recommended to me by another photographer. I got it used for $285 US and am very pleased with it. I don't worry too much about having f/2.8 for astro because I take lots of short, high ISO pictures at f/4 to f/5.6 and stack them with Sequator. Here are a couple of astro shots and one in daylight.

-- hide signature --

Life is short. Spend as much time as you can quibbling with strangers on the Internet.

Kenster63's gear list:Kenster63's gear list
Nikon D300S Nikon D750 Nikon D500 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 14-24mm f/2.8G ED Tokina AT-X Pro 100mm f/2.8 Macro +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow