learning workflow with mac

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
deltron3030 New Member • Posts: 21
learning workflow with mac

Greetings all,

hopefully im in the right place. im hoping someone will be able to guide me along as im new to using mac os and to be honest am not all that computer literate.

Im rather new to photography and im just getting the hang of things but i want to really take my work to the next level.

ive had my dslr for a year now and i thoroughly enjoy everything about taking photographs however im a little bit behind when it comes processing my pictures. i would like to establish a thorough process for sorting through photos editing saving and posting to various places on the web.

currently my process involves sorting through photos directly on my sd cards or through dpp, then i save to my computer the pictures i think are worth keeping or sharing.

i have quite a few questions about how the process of processing photos and files works...

when i view files on the sd card it shows the jpeg and raw formats separately. is there any way to combine these two?

what is the proper way to reduce file sizes in order to send or post photos to certain places? for instance i posted a couple photos in my gallery here but i had to make sure they were within a certain size. the ones just barely too large i didnt post because im not sure how to go about reducing them, aside from saving it as a separate file format like a jpeg.

where is the proper place to post photos for peer review and constructive criticism?

dpp.. i seem to have lost the select all button within dpp?

im sure i will have more simple questions to come, none that i can think of now though. thanks in advance!

deltron3030's gear list:deltron3030's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T6i
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow