AF speed of the 56mm 1.2 and 23mm 1.4 on the XT-3 vs XT-2?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
13thHallow New Member • Posts: 3
AF speed of the 56mm 1.2 and 23mm 1.4 on the XT-3 vs XT-2?

Hi everyone.

To cut a long story short I left Fuji ( XT-2) for Sony a number of months ago (the lure of  FF) , and while the Sony (A7iii) is a fine camera and system, I find myself missing Fuji more and more.

I'm an experienced and enthusiastic amateur. I don't shoot for money but I take my photography seriously.

The reason I'm missing Fuji lies first and foremost in the files. While the Sony produces what is certainly a technically better image in terms of IQ and DR, I simply miss the way Fuji files ( RAWS included) render tone and colour. Fuji images ( for me anyway) require minimal processing where as I find myself spending a lot more time with the Sony images to get them to where I want to be.

I'm not intending to open the whole 'Colour Science' debate, this is just my personal opinion and observation.

The other aspect is the control and feel. The A7iii, while being a fantastic camera just doesn't feel the same.

One area where the A7iii is superior to the XT-2 though is in terms of AF, and this brings me on to my original question.  On my XT-2 the two above mentioned lenses ( my two most used) were usable but not exactly quick. I'm lead to believe that the XT-3 is a lot better in terms of AF than the XT-2, and I'd be interested to hear if this also applies to the 'slower' Fuji lenses.

Has anyone used the XT-2 and XT-3 with the 23 1.4 or the 56 1.2?

Even thought the Sony is an amazing camera, I'm genuinely contemplating coming back to Fuji ( I could swap with the same focal lengths without being out of pocket) as I really do miss it. It's very much head vs heart.

I'd love to hear from anyone who has been in the same boat too.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow