Canon G5Mark II or Fuji X-T30? or Fuji X-T20?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
AlbertTheLazy
AlbertTheLazy Veteran Member • Posts: 8,134
Re: Canon G5Mark II or Fuji X-T30? or Fuji X-T20?

KCook wrote:

Also, the X-T series controls are optimized for manual control. While the X-E series are more traditional, with shooting modes (exception for the original X-E1). So (in my view) the X-E series lends itself better to the Point And Shoot ethos than the X-T series.

Eh??? Sorry, Kelly, I don't get that.

I had an X-E1 for several years and I've just looked at the DPR reviewof the X-E2:

The X-E2 is superficially very similar to the X-E1, with the same basic body design and control layout; at a quick glance it's almost impossible to tell them apart. It keeps the same:-) top-plate layout, including analogue shutter speed and exposure compensation dials, and has the same 2.36M dot OLED electronic viewfinder. The rear of the camera is still covered in buttons in much the same places as the X-E1, but their functions have been rearranged.

and the X-E3

lthough the greater use of touchscreen is the most obvious distinction between the X-E3 and the X-T20, operation of the X-E3 is still pretty traditional in many respects.#

As with previous X-E cameras, you get dedicated shutter speed dial and exposure comp dial. And, with most X-series lenses, you gain an aperture ring in addition to these.

The X-T100, on the other hand, does have a PASM dial .

-- hide signature --

Albert the lazy photographer
Having fun with my cameras in Scotland

AlbertTheLazy's gear list:AlbertTheLazy's gear list
Canon PowerShot G15 Fujifilm X-T1 Sigma 70-300mm F4-5.6 APO DG Macro Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow