Videocamera or Hybrid Camera for Work less then $2000 - no recording time limit

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
sdillon001 New Member • Posts: 3
Videocamera or Hybrid Camera for Work less then $2000 - no recording time limit

I just started a new job with a state agency. They're looking to buy in-house camera equipment and I'm on the team to create a recommendation list. They’re on a budget (of course) and we're probably looking at less than $2k total for body and kit lens. We shoot photo and video and a co-worker is pushing for buying a videocamera saying that that's the best way to go if you're shooting video (I disagree).

I'm recommending a hybrid camera - probably the Lumix GH5. One catch - we need to shoot video without time limits as we record long seminars frequently. I want to make sure we’re not missing something (is this the GH5 the only/best camera currently without recording time limits?).

IMO the difference in quality of video that's shot from a hybrid or a videocamera is undetectable - or at least it won't be noticeable with this use case.

I’m on a team of 3 and the other two members are less experienced shooters so the camera needs to be pretty easy to use, so I'm ruling out external recorders (Atomos etc.) to solve the recording time issue as these would add complication and cost. TIA

Panasonic GH5
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow