Just ordered the Canon R

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Chrisinhouston
Chrisinhouston Regular Member • Posts: 398
Just ordered the Canon R

I took the plunge and ordered the Canon EOS R. I'm a retired commercial photographer, but still shoot lots of images. But as I've aged I appreciate lighter gear now. Been a Canon M owner for several years and now usually travel with 2 M5 bodies. My DSLR cameras currently are the 7D Mk II which I use more for sports and wildlife and the 5 Ds which I tend to use more for portraits, landscape and architecture but I've begun to feel that body is just more than I want to carry and the files are often just larger than is necessary.

I plan to sell the 5 Ds but jumped the gun and got a great deal on the R, the adapter ring mount and an extra battery. I have several full frame prime lenses that I can use on the R but might spring for a few of the R lenses.

Just introducing myself.

-- hide signature --

“Which of my photographs is my favorite? The one I’m going to take tomorrow.” – Imogen Cunningham

Chrisinhouston's gear list:Chrisinhouston's gear list
Canon EOS 7D Mark II Canon EOS 5DS Canon EOS M5 Canon EOS R GoPro Hero5 Black +29 more
Canon EOS 7D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow