is it deliberate? ..hold something obvious back then restore it with a bonus.

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Christophotog Regular Member • Posts: 103
is it deliberate? ..hold something obvious back then restore it with a bonus.

I'll admit to being a bit of a cynic (..I did do a marketing degree which I don't use) but after I started a post asking about the missing E-M5 MkIII Save/Load settings feature the outcome to that (because it an obvious "should have been") made me start to think...:

The cynic in me thinks this could be a deliberate "Oops" and was "made" because it gives Olympus the option of providing a firmware update "fix" (yeah, sorry, we missed that) after also gauging the market response to the product during which they can add those "by-the-way feature improvements / additions" to sweeten us up - like: here's O.C. Capture as a bonus feature or other things commentards raise in forums like this one.

so maybe there was/is a set of features that has been held back to (potentially) enhance the marketing offer if the launch was poorer than expected but they become a shadow set that is added after the "oh, sorry, we forgot that function".

Otherwise, I'm pretty well balanced and have enjoyed my multiple cameras and nine µ43 lenses.

Chris

Christophotog's gear list:Christophotog's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M5 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro +7 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow