RF 70-200 focus issue?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Colin46 Senior Member • Posts: 1,356
RF 70-200 focus issue?

Sorry for starting a new thread on this but I’m curious and my question would have gotten lost in other threads.

can anyone tell me what they are actually shooting in real world situations at 200mm f2.8 at minimum focus distance of 70 centimetres from the focal plane to see this “potential” issue, this lens focuses 50cm closer than any other 70-200 on the market.

this puts the front of the lens, especially with the hood attached, very close to the subject.

ive used this lens now since it’s day of release and I’ve not had any issues in real world situations, it’s tack sharp, fast and very accurate.

im not into shooting test targets, there are quite a few lenses out there ( another being the Nikon 24-70 f2.5e vr ) that have problems in test environments but in the real world they are superb.

not saying people are wrong but I think the real world situation of shooting at  200mm at f2.8 at mfd is limited.

Colin46's gear list:Colin46's gear list
Nikon D500 Canon EOS-1D X Mark II Nikon D850 Canon EOS R Canon EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM +14 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow