Computer hardware requirement for processing raw image from A7R4

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
yuchuan Junior Member • Posts: 27
Computer hardware requirement for processing raw image from A7R4

Dear all,

I just switch to A7R4 from Nikon D7000 thanks to the B&H education discount on Black Friday. I did some test shots today and found the IQ is a huge leap. I'm quit happy about this new high-end camera! However, I just realized my computer is too slow to process the 120+MB raw image from A7R4. All I was trying to do is using the imaging edge software to view and edit some test shots, e.g. adjust the exposure and saturation a little bit. It took about 20+seconds every time when I increase one step of exposure. I'm using a Macbook Pro 2016 version with 8GB memory. It's almost impossible to do any process in the current situation. I had been aware the computer could be an issue before I bought this camera, I just didn't realize how slow it can be. T.T

I'm wondering what kind of computer do you use? Any suggestions for computer hardware and possible workflow? Thank you very much!

Best,

Yuchuan

yuchuan's gear list:yuchuan's gear list
Sony a7R IV Sony FE 16-35mm F2.8 Sony FE 24-105mm F4
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D7000 Sony a7R IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow