RX10 IV Hack at Play - sports shots!

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
vanhalen26 New Member • Posts: 9
RX10 IV Hack at Play - sports shots!

I'm new to this but having some fun.  Here is Frank Gore of the Buffalo Bills two weeks ago in his record breaking run where he took third place for all time rushing yards.  I've been shooting in bursts of 24 fps, and shutter speeds around 1/1600 and up.  I think 1/1600 seems to be fast enough to freeze the action moving forward.

I'm playing around with alot of settings just to get a feel for this.  I'll get better over time.

I've also caught a couple neat pics at Raptors games as well.  I tend to shoot a little wide and crop later.

Anyone have a preference for electronic vs. manual shutter?  I know the manual caps out at about 10fps, but I find to capture these plays the 24 fps for the electronic really help.

The reach is incredible - see the final shot of the basketballs.  I sit upper bowl and one section away from the balls - and look at the detail the camera can pick up!  Again, some cropping was involved.

I'm off to a concert of a pretty major artist at a 1,000 seat venue in a couple months and sitting second row in the middle.  I'm hoping to snap a few choice pictures there as well, but it will be a completely different learning experience with darker concert lighting.

Sony RX10 IV
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow