odd colour shifts in timelapse

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Oli4D Contributing Member • Posts: 518
odd colour shifts in timelapse

Hello everyone

I recently shot a timelapse sequenze and noticed something very odd and quite a dealbreaker:

Shot with the Panasonic G9, I have odd changes of colour from frame to frame.
So in some shots of the timelapse, the RAW files, process in lightroom, have a more violet tint, and some other shots have a more blueish/cyan tint.

See images below. It's pretty extreme, especially in the shadows.

So during the whole sequence, some imagas have a more violet, some a more cyan tint.

Sometimes it jumps between these two colors after every frame... and sometimes I have like 5 or 10 in the same tint and then suddenly, from one frame to the other, it changes to the other tint again.

Super strange.

Camera completelly in manual. F-stop, shutter, WB and ISO: all manual, NO changes during the timelapse shooting.

But the colors of the images are NOT consistent.

Any ideas?

It's NOT the light that changes in the scene. It's in the RAWs. BUT why?

It's a complete dealbreaker because these jumps of colour generate a very anoying kind of flicker when played as a timelapse.

I know that there is the so called "aperture flicker"... but that affects brightness.

But why do I have my RAWs jumping between more violet / cyan tinted shots? Very strange :/

(This also happend in my old G85 by the way. Not just in my new G9).

Kind regards,
Oliver

-- hide signature --
 Oli4D's gear list:Oli4D's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DC-G9 Olympus E-M5 III Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Pro Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm F4-5.6 R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 +6 more
Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix DC-G9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow