Pentax DA 40mm Limited has that 3D pop

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
norman shearer Senior Member • Posts: 1,213
Pentax DA 40mm Limited has that 3D pop

At first look I thought my grandson was hanging mid air! This was taken in a flooded field by the river Welland. He's still young enough to appreciate puddles. I took him down here on my 125cc scooter and later rode through some flooded roads to give him a thrill. We both got quite wet and the bike nearly stalled going through one particularly long stretch.

Back home I got an ear bashing from the misses. I didn't know he'd put on his school shoes!

Anyway, the DA 40 Ltd impressed me with its sharpness, colors and background separation. It can produce some nice bokeh also. It looked vastly different to shots I'd taken earlier using the SMC Pentax-M 85/2.

There's definitely an old school look to the legacy Pentax glass. I'm awaiting repairs to the aperture on an SMC Pentax K 28/3.5 and SMC Pentax K 24/2.8. I can't wait to see how they look on the Pentax KP. I guess I'll have to switch to Sony FF to see them at their best though..

norman shearer's gear list:norman shearer's gear list
Samsung EX2F Nikon Coolpix A Sony RX1R Fujifilm X30 Canon EOS 5D +8 more
Pentax KP
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow