Please NIKON, give us shutter priority in AF-S for the Z50

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rolmat Junior Member • Posts: 49
Please NIKON, give us shutter priority in AF-S for the Z50

In the past years with a D700 and a D800 I got used to separate the focusing action and the shutter action.
Therefore, I usually take the rear "AF-ON" button to focus on the active focus point (usually the central one), after that I release the "AF-ON" button, then I recompose the photo, and push the shutter button.
Very handy once you are accustomed !
This also allows you to "prepare" for an upcoming photo, by focusing first at the place you know your subject will be and just push the shutter button when your subject is here. (For example on a car race, when you want to photograph a car coming out of a bend)

On the Z50 you can program the function of the rear "AE-L/AF-L" button to behave as an "AF_ON" button, so far so good.

But there is a problem on the Z 50 : when you are in AF-S mode, it's allways in focusing priority, there is no option in the menu to set it to shutter priority.

So what does that mean ?
Imagine you focus on a subject, and after that you recompose your photo to see more sky.
In such a case the active focus point can for example be in a zone of the blue sky, where there is nothing you can focus on.
In such a case the Z50 will simply refuse to take the photo !

So please Nikon, add an option in the menu to set the behaviour of AF-S.

Roland

Rolmat's gear list:Rolmat's gear list
Nikon D800 Nikon 1 J5 Nikon Z50 Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6G VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24-120mm F4G ED VR +4 more
Nikon D700 Nikon D800
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow