X-T30 - Totally Disabling the Q Button?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
AshleyMC Regular Member • Posts: 291
X-T30 - Totally Disabling the Q Button?

My eldest daughter is thrilled with her X-T30 after finding a great deal recently.

Like some users, she finds the Q button troublesome as she keeps touching it while using the camera. After some browsing, I helped her download and install firmware version 1.10, then disable the Q button (i.e. set its function to None) in page 2 of the Wrench > Button/Dial Setting > Function (Fn) Setting menu.

After a while, she came back with a related problem: During playback of an image, her thumb touched the Q button and the Raw Conversion Options menu was shown.

Unfamiliar with this function, I opened the X-T30 Manual PDF with Adobe Reader and did a search on "Q button", and found this note at the end of page 168:

RAW conversion options can also be displayed by pressing the Q button when a RAW picture is displayed during playback.

My daughter has set Image Quality menu option to Fine + Raw as she wants to learn to do Post Processing. If that setting is changed to Fine or Normal (i.e. JPG only), the Q button has no effect during image playback.

My question is: How does one totally disable the Q button?

Thanks in advance for any workable suggestions.

If you have no problems with the Q button on your X-T30, I am happy for you -- please do not comment that it is not a problem, or that it is a dramatized problem, or that the user should learn to handle the X-T30 properly.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow