CANON M6 MkII ‘Picture Style’

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
filibuster
filibuster Veteran Member • Posts: 3,989
CANON M6 MkII ‘Picture Style’

Day 1 with the MkII

One of the main things I needed to set up from the menus, is ‘Picture Style’, and for this, I opted for ‘Faithful’ and went with the default values where the colours, I found to be extremely accurate. I immediately took a shine to that, and went on a local shoot to ream off a handful of frames to analyse the results. I needed to compare the out of camera images, to the processed results after running them through my personalised batch processing script in Corel’s Paint Shop Pro.

The natural results came out really impressive and were further enhanced with the processing. What was less than stellar, was the sharpening. Whether that was down to the in-camera setting; the characteristics of my kit 15-45, or a combination of both remained to be assessed. What I proposed next, was to set those cursory details in camera, to the same I use on the M6Mk1, which are the following: -

SHARPNESS STRENGTH +2

SHARPNESS FINENESS +1

SHARPNESS THRESHOLD +1

CONTRAST +-0

SATURATION -1

COLOUR TONE +-0

Took the camera outside for a quick test, and the difference was strikingly obvious. I had a grin like a slice of melon for the rest of the day. One thing for sure, is that I will not be disregarding the kit lens in any future work. However, I do have an extraordinary affinity for the 18-150, so I’ll be plugging in that one next!

-- hide signature --

If it ain't broke, fix it until it is!
filibuster (Bromsgrove, Worcestershire, UK)
Filibuster Script & Batch File Auto-Processing for Paint Shop Pro 2019
https://photos.app.goo.gl/4xDHgykzUu5H4Q7t7
Astro Turf the garden https://photos.app.goo.gl/GyeDrjncjKh1X7pJ8

Canon EOS M6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow