Guidance on buying new equipment

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
papacetamol New Member • Posts: 5
Guidance on buying new equipment

Hi, I'm a tattoo artist and totally new to photography. Until now I've been buying my mobiles, according to the best camera's but I need to up my game with insta and the likes to bring my portfolio more out. Unfortunately many customers now judge a tattoo artist on the quality of the pictures and not the quality of the tattoos. It's a major game changer in PR. I also don't want to keep playing with photoshop, just to get there.

I have a some pictures of another artist that makes amazing tattoos but also photos. His work is similar in style as mine. I know he uses a Nikon d810 with a 24-70/2.8 lens and as his only lightsource a fiilex p360ex. He does a lot of other photography as well so for him the budget of that setup is worth it.

For me on the other hand, I would mainly or only use it for taking photo's or video's of tattoos. I have 2 led panels from GVM that can be diffused, have barndoors, ... and would lie to use these as my lightsources. As many of you know, tattoos are bare skin and give a shine with most light.

My question is, what camera (settings) and lens can I get the same results as the photo's and video attached for a reasonable price (300-500)

Sorry about the many pictures.

Thanks in advance.

Nikon D810
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow