A very good bag for the Z Series and a couple of extra lenses

Started 1 month ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Richard B99 Senior Member • Posts: 2,418
A very good bag for the Z Series and a couple of extra lenses

I don't usually do reviews but thought this might be useful for other Z series owners.

I just bought this new version (V2) of the Peak Design Sling Bag in the 10 litre size.  I've been using it for about a week every day both for photography and for a work bag.  I was actually looking for an adaptable small over the shoulder bag that I could use every day but also carry a Z camera at the same time. Notwithstanding it doing a good job for that, its proven to be equally good as a regular camera bag.

I'm noting it here because I think its particularly suited for the Z Series size.  It will comfortable carry a Z6/Z7 with the 24-70mm f/4 attached plus a 70-200 f/4 with FTZ attached and a 14-30 f/4 in the space under the camera hand grip.  The folding dividers really make the space flexible and accessible.

A 13" laptop might be a bit of a squeeze in the laptop pocket but a 12" or and iPad pro 11" fits nicely.

There is space in other pockets for cards and batteries etc and I'd note that the interior one is clever in that its made of an elasticated (lycra perhaps) fabric which expands but isn't loose.

If you use the PD camera clip, this can be fitted onto an integral slot on either side of the bag (it works well there too).

The strap isn't too wide but works well - especially well if used across the body messenger bag style - and the flip lock makes it very easy to adjust the strap length on the go.  (I commute by cycle so this is particularly handy for me.)

Finally, it cleverly styled, doesn't look or feel bulky in use and the fabric (grey model) is recycled.

If there is a negative, its that the bag tends to roll onto its front sometimes; a product of its smooth lines and curved design.  I've found its easy to put it down on its strap and that keeps it neat and prevents any roll. Nevertheless I can see this may annoy some so half a star comes off for that.

PD did a very good job with this bag and its a very nice size for a small Z series setup and a daily carry / travel bag. Strongly recommended.

Richard B99's score
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow