LR/PS - sRGB or ProPhoto RGB

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sirhawkeye64 Senior Member • Posts: 3,483
LR/PS - sRGB or ProPhoto RGB

So I know in LR you can send images to PS as either PSD or TIFF files, and then you can select the color space (sRGB, Adobe RGB and ProPhoto RGB). Up until now, I've been sending them back and forth as 16-bit ProPhoto RGB, but was wondering if there is any noticeable loss (for screen viewing) if you use the sRGB color space (which I think is the preferred color space for screen viewing).

LR does warn me about using sRGB in that it doesn't "encompass" all of the colors that LR can display/utilize, whereas ProPhoto RGB does.

Would editing photos that are intended for screen using in the sRGB color space be advisable, in that would it provide a more accurate rendering of what a person would see when viewing the image on a screen vs. ProPhoto RGB or is the differences too subtle (or is ProPhoto RGB overkills for images exported for screen viewing).

(I should add that my cameras are set to shoot in RAW mode with the sRGB Color space).

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Nikon Z7 Nikon Z6 Fujifilm X-T30 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Tamron 15-30mm F2.8 +16 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow