Tsunamy of camera releases around Feb-Apr?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
fferreres Veteran Member • Posts: 3,640
Tsunamy of camera releases around Feb-Apr?

Many epic camera systems, lenses and accessories are timed with mayor events, such as Olympics games. All the major camera makers (with some exceptions) are Japanese. Japan is home to the 2020 Olympics.

This will be a HUGE major event, and what happens the next 7 months will determine which camera makers goes bankrupt or goes to #1. I am guessing, and this is pure conjecture based on my own criteria, that we will see many surprise releases around Jan-Mar, with some even more audacious cases of bubbling hype from those that may not have met the deadlines they had, and may want to stall the competitor releases leading them to arriving to the party too late with a big missed opportunity but all the costs absorbed.

This is not even a rumor: this is pure speculation, rooted on debatable grounds. And I think the next 6 to 7 months are going to be so amazingly interesting for anyone looking for camera innovations and new releases.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow