Life without Lr and Ps

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Digitalshooter2 Contributing Member • Posts: 707
Life without Lr and Ps

I recently bought Luminar 4 and Affinity Photo (AP) to replace Lr and Ps. I am a Windows user. Luminar 4 has a very limited library module. I was hoping to have a workflow where I could use it to organize my pictures but it does not look like it is going to be useful in that regards.

While searching for what to do now I read online that “when you cancel Lightroom subscription, you lose access to the Develop Module but still have a fully functional Library Module to manage your photo collection. You can easily replace the Development Module with Luminar and keep using Lightroom as digital asset management (DAM)”. This makes sense but not sure how long that will work before Adobe tries to pull the plug on it.

If this works then I am thinking of using Luminar 4 as plugin to AP. So the workflow will be Lr DAM --> AP --> Luminar 4. Has anyone tried that already? Are there any potential problems that I need to be aware of?

-- hide signature --

2ShootDigital

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Leo
Leo
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow