CLog on Eos R

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
James Jim Junior Member • Posts: 32
CLog on Eos R

EDIT: After some thought, I figured there isn't a correct answer and only trial and error on my part will equate to the correct exposure, rather an exposure that allows me to render my desired final image. I'll play in the REC709 color space and expose skintones to 40-50 IRE and head from there. Also realized this might be a better question for a more cinematography based forum.  Anyways! Thanks for clicking and enjoy your EOS Rs!

I've searched some but didn't find much info on shooting CLOG specifically on the R.

I'm a fan of *attempting* to squeeze every bit of dynamic range from my cameras. The Sony A7III has plenty of info on forums about where middle gray & skin tones should land (IRE), albeit these are opinions I've grabbed off forums so your tastes could differ. For instance, shooting Slog2 + S-Gamut at 1-stop overexposed (middle gray at 40ish % IRE) gives me a pretty good starting place.

I'm back to Canon ( I used a 70D once before and only recorded in standard profiles) and want to learn to shoot CLOG and was hoping to find some tips and tricks to get me started.

I'm attempting to keep the ISO at 400

The ITU-R BT.709 & Wide DR Gamma luts from Canon seem to be the way to go for starters.

32% IRE for middle gray is what Canon recommends for CLOG for other models.

Am I off to the right start? Anyone done tests or have experience to share with newbie?

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Canon EOS 70D
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow