Panasonic FZ1000 or used RX-10?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
craigiri New Member • Posts: 17
Panasonic FZ1000 or used RX-10?

Hi All.

I take mostly outdoor photos and have had many cams over the years, including the early Sony highly rated big barrel lens model (707? 5mp) and the RX-100 which I still use.

I've sold my DSLR's since I am a hobby photog and can't afford the top zoom lenses for them.

I was thinking of keeping my RX-100 (and iphone XR) and buying a bridge type zoom at a budget price. The FZ current prices of $450 or so new is quite amazing....so it would come down to that or a used RX-10 III or so, which might be had for about $600 with a square trade one year warranty.

Given those constraints would the FZ be a purchase that is likely to delight me? I know I love the Sonys because I have many "keepers" from my ancient Sony....the lens certainly made me look good. Even with the RX-100 I often get comments about how nice the pics look.

Chances are that most pics will be jpg as I don't spend a lot of time in post.

Two downsized pics enclosed from that old Sony 5mp..

Panasonic FZ1000 Sony Cyber-shot DSC-F707 Sony RX10 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow