Is Nikon growing stupid?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Crypt Keeper
Crypt Keeper Regular Member • Posts: 102
Is Nikon growing stupid?

I decided to order a Nikon DF from the Nikon UK online store, one of the few places you can still get a new one online in Europe.

I currently live in Spain so I emailed them asking how long it will take to deliver the camera and mentioned that if necessary I was willing to pay extra for express delivery.

I was unpleasantly surprised when they answered  they can't arrange delivery to Spain. Really? How hard it can be?

To put this in perspective, we are talking about a customer who wants to buy an almost discontinued 6 years old 16 Mp full frame camera without video and with average to poor auto focus..A camera most people are not interested in December 2019 (certainly not at €2100 ).  On top of it, that potential customer is happy to pay for the fastest delivery service...and their online store representative can't even bother to pick up the bloody phone, call DHL or other courier company, arrange a pickup from their offices / warehouse and make a sale? Absurd.

I don't know in what world they think they live in. But frankly, stupid is the only way to call this attitude. They are in the business of making money, and here I am, offering them easy money (easy because the DF is a hard sale today) .. and they don't even care.

I have decided since to move on and buy Fuji gear instead. On a certain level, I feel  they deserve what is happening to them.

Crypt Keeper's gear list:Crypt Keeper's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Fujifilm X-T3
Nikon Df
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD TOF guy
NCB
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow