Paintshop Pro 2020

Started 9 months ago | Discussions thread
geru Senior Member • Posts: 1,052
Re: Affinity Photo Inpainting Macro

sankos wrote:

geru wrote:

Digital Nigel wrote:

The AP Inpainting Brush Tool is more sophisticated, but has a a similar function. Rather than selecting and filling an area, you paint over the object or area to be replaced, with numerous options for controlling the brush size, opacity, etc. I just used the default in the test.

I made a script that does what you did after I straighten a photo, I sometimes miss level/straight when shooting. 🤪

Yes, it's a one-click operation in Affinity to do the inpainting after straightening. Here's their video on how this works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8OhIpVCN1E

I'd modify the macro by using the Select Partially Transparent option rather than the suggested Select Fully Transparent -- it works better for me.

I have used the script  between 8 to 10 times and haven’t had any problems yet. I think it’s because of the 2 or 3 pixel expansion for now I’ll keep it the way it is any problems and I’ll try the change.

geru's gear list:geru's gear list
Canon EF 85mm F1.8 USM Canon EF-S 10-18mm F4.5–5.6 IS STM Canon EOS M50 Canon EF 24mm f/2.8 Canon EF 40mm f/2.8 STM +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow