Does technique change with advances in cameras?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
TacticDesigns
TacticDesigns Veteran Member • Posts: 6,988
Re: Does technique change with advances in cameras?

Marek M wrote:

TacticDesigns wrote:

Marek M wrote:

Gato Amarillo wrote:

And cheap storage means I can shoot as much as I want, no more rationing film or card space. No more thinking, "this would make a pretty good shot, but maybe I should save film in case there is something better around the corner." (But I still follow the old rule: Cull mercilessly and only show your best stuff.)

I did not mention it in my OP, but that is another thing that friend of mine told me.

He comes from old film days as well. Now, whenever he goes on a photo walk or trip, he sets himself a limit to the number of picture that he will take. And no matter what, he sticks to that limit. He says his pictures have become better, he does not just click away like most others, myself included, do. That is another thing I will try. Mind you, with my recent film trial, I will be naturally limited.

IMHO I think it is a great exercise.

For the walks I used to do, there would be walks I wouldn't take any pictures because I didn't see anything I was interested in shooting.

But . . . again . . . getting back to the OP, having digital and that meaning I was not paying for film, or having to change film after 24 or 36 shots, I could go after more shots.

This allowed me to try to get shots of as many athletes on my daughters gymnastics or cheer teams.

If shooting an event that only happens once, having digital allows you to shoot first and ask questions later.

Take care & Happy Shooting!

Sure, it's not an iron rule, rather an exercise worth trying.

+1

Yes. I'd agree.

Just getting back to the OP in that going digital changed my technique in that it made trying to get this many shoots possible in a financial way.

Take care & Happy Shooting!

And that doesn't even touch on all the possibilities of post processing.

Gato

-- hide signature --
 TacticDesigns's gear list:TacticDesigns's gear list
Fujifilm XP80 Nikon D5100 Pentax Q Nikon D750 Pentax *ist DS +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow