what modifies to use with 8 foot ceilings?

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Derek 1906 New Member • Posts: 18
what modifies to use with 8 foot ceilings?

Hello,

I recently purchased a pair of flashpoint 400 pro monolights, and I've been trying to research modifiers to go with them.  however, on pretty much everything I've read, when showing/describing the studio, it appears to have high ceilings.

For me, I only have my basement, which has 8 foot ceilings, and measure 15' wide and 26' long with tan coloured walls.

As a background, I've previously been using speedlights, shoot through umbrellas, and a photek softlighter 46" designed for speedlights to take photos of small toddlers, however because the kids are so small, the low ceilings haven't mattered, or if they have, im not experienced enough to notice.  I use an 85mm lens w/ my Nikon.

However, I would like to take full length or at least 3/4 adult photos (my main "model", who I also call my wife, is 5'3" without heels), and given the 8 foot ceilings, I was hoping someone with a similar experience could point out the best kind of softboxes, octas, etc. to use, and in particular what size.

Thank you very much to anyone who can help.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow