London and Edinburgh Travel Kit & Questions

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Henry Stamm Veteran Member • Posts: 3,145
London and Edinburgh Travel Kit & Questions

I'm headed to the UK next week. Short stay in London with overnight at the St Pancras Hotel and a visit to the British Museum. Then on to Edinburgh and possibly Aberdeen. A visit to the National Museum of Scotland also on the itinerary. I'm planning on traveling light with my gear: Em1.2 + grip; PL 12-60; a just purchased Sigma 30mm f1.4; 4/3 50-200 swd and MM3 adapter; one Godox flash; and battery chargers. Perhaps a trusty Velbon travel tripod, although that might be too much.  And this is traveling light by my standards.  I'm leaving my f2 zooms (14-35 and 35-100) at home.

All of this will be a tight fit in new Mindshift Trailscape 18L pack (it does fit).

Question: Can anyone comment about camera rules for the British Museum and National Museum of Scotland?  According to the British Museum website, I should be able to use my camera & flash except where restricted.  The National Museum apparently has the same policy, except that tripods are permitted in one gets a photopass.  I would like confirmation if possible.

This is not my first December trip to London and Scotland, so I'm well aware of weather conditions and have the proper clothing.

Henry Stamm's gear list:Henry Stamm's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm 1:4.0-5.6 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 12-60mm 1:2.8-4.0 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 14-35mm 1:2.0 SWD +3 more
Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow