FLM Tripods

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
starfly Contributing Member • Posts: 611
FLM Tripods

Just received the new FLM CP30-S4 II yesterday. Initial impressions, coming from a Sirui tripod, is that it's lighter and a lot sturdier. Build quality appears to be excellent, and it's a good ergonomic match to my Acratech GXP ballhead.

The leg locks are made of metal, and don't have any kind of rubber on it so they're a bit less grippy. The leg locking mechanism, the typical twist lock, feels fine, but isn't special either. I once tried out a Gitzo and there you could lock/unlock with a small twist (about a quarter of the way). The FLM requires at least a half rotation, which while not a big deal in the end, could have been better I suppose. But then it's also less than half the price of a Gitzo or RRS tripod, and in all other respects the build quality is excellent and it feels rock solid. Definitely much better build quality than a Sirui

There's no ability to add a center column, which is fine for me as I want to minimize weight as much as possible, and a center column reduces stability anyway.

This will be an excellent travel/hiking/all-round tripod and it's a lot of bang for your buck.

There is a full review here for those that want to see measurements and comparisons to other brands (it's the review that made me decide to go with FLM instead of spending more on an RRS tripod): https://thecentercolumn.com/flm-cp30-s4-ii-review/

starfly's gear list:starfly's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon 35mm F1.8G ED Nikon Z 24-70mm F4 Nikon Z 50mm F1.8
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow