Landscapes and Bokeh Light

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Josh Houser
Josh Houser New Member • Posts: 9
Landscapes and Bokeh Light

Recently been fascinated by bokeh since getting a Sony a7ii + Canon FD 1.8F portrait lens (I know, not ideal for landscape). This evening experimented getting decent bokeh bubbles but no interesting subject to go along with it.

I'm aware in the mountains one can utilize things like ice crystals, light above the trees/grass, ect to produce bokeh bubbles. Not always available but there are natural options. While the natural side will always be at the forefront for me, exploring the art of capturing scenes would be fun. Thinking about bringing portable Christmas lights to the mountains to invoke how one feels in wonderous places while giving a festive holiday vibe.

Couldn't find any thread or set of photos portraying focused mountains with lit bokeh lights. Given the portrait lens either everything was in focus or there was bokeh with everything being blurred. A typical portrait will have the foreground in focus and the background blurred. I'm wanting the reverse where the foreground is blurred but the background is sharp; hence absolutely fine getting another lens to pull this off. Perhaps it's not possible due to how focus optics work?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow