A7 Battery Grip Poll -- Do you use one?

Started 1 month ago | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Alex Ethridge
Alex Ethridge Veteran Member • Posts: 4,666
A7 Battery Grip Poll -- Do you use one?

I'm just musing over this A7 II I just bought and find it just too unwieldy to handle because of its short grip, especially with this 24-105 f/4 G lens so just out of curiosity, I decided I would find the difference between the height of the grip and the width of my hand.  (By the way, I ordered genuine Sony grip yesterday.)

Conclusion:  The A7 cameras are obviously made for metric people as my hand is 3.6 inches wide and the grip is a full 1.5 inches narrower.

So this has me wondering, if you do use a grip, what lens size pushed you to that point?

As for me, I've never owned a digital camera without a battery grip.  They just don't feel secure in my hand without it.  Even in the days of film, I had motor-drives for my OM1n and ON2n.  For those who don't know, it added a large grip making hand-holding much more secure and steady.

Alex Ethridge's gear list:Alex Ethridge's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ300 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Panasonic GH5 Sony a7 III Nikon AF Micro-Nikkor 60mm f/2.8D +10 more
POLL
I shoot professionally and I use a grip.
8.7% 4  votes
I do not shoot professionally but I do use a grip.
26.1% 12  votes
I'm not a professional and I do use a grip.
17.4% 8  votes
I'm not a professional and I do not use a grip.
19.6% 9  votes
I would like to have a battery grip but I can't justify the cost.
0.0% 0  votes
I plan to get a battery grip at some point.
0.0% 0  votes
I like the camera just as it is, without the grip.
28.3% 13  votes
  Show results
Sony a7
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow