D500 Picture Rotation issue

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jklinkphoto New Member • Posts: 3
D500 Picture Rotation issue

I recently upgraded my camera body from a Nikon D7100 to a D500 at the start of November. I have all apple products and have an iMac and a MacBook pro that all use the latest software.

However when I import the Pictures into photos on my computer portraits get distorted. It doesn't matter where I am viewing them, laptop, phone, iPad, they get distorted. If I am in thumbnail view and there are multiple pictures in view the shots taken in portrait orientation appear correctly. however when i click on them to look at that particular image the phone zooms/crops the picture and turns it sidewise. If I edit the picture this no longer occurs. But it is not a rotation issue because when I tap edit it turns the picture to the proper orientation. I can rate the picture 360 and it does not fix the issue. Only way to stop the picture from rotating is if I edit something like exporsue for example. But I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this issue. This issue does not occur with JPEG files.

is it a setting in my camera perhaps? . Again I never had any issues with this on the D7100 or my family and friends D7000 or D80. I also use lightroom and there is no issues with the pictures rotating. I attached this link to a screen recording I did to help give some contexts. https://youtu.be/_S9aOC8bEDY

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D500 Nikon D7000 Nikon D7100 Nikon D80
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow