Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 DC HSM Art quick review..

Started 10 months ago | User reviews thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
(unknown member) Forum Pro • Posts: 11,356
Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 DC HSM Art quick review..

Just got this lens and I am impressed. I review this lens on Nikon D500.

The reason I bought it is to gain one shutter speed stop over 70-200mm F2.8 so I can shoot concerts.

First I attached to the USB dock to find out distances and then I ran the test at these distances. I did not test infinity because I will never shoot at infinity. After testing the only setting that needed a little adjustment was at 2 meters of -5 on all FLs. All other distances/FLs are spot on.

Lens fit and finish is in line with other latest Art lenses. It focuses extremely fast from either direction.

Sharpness is OMG. Here is a test taken in RAW processed with default no sharpening added. This is at F1.8. The only sharpness like this I have seen from stop down lenses to at least one stop. I really don't care about bokeh much.

The only negatives I see is that focus ring is upfront so I have to support the lens by the hood otherwise my hand wants to change focus. The second negative is the collar. I don't care that is non removable but it should have been longer with more holes. Or it should have been made like on 70-200mm Sport with replaceable foot.

-- hide signature --

If I don't respond to your post after you responded to my post with NEGATIVE remarks that means you are on my Ignore list.
Photography Director for Whedonopolis.com

Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 DC HSM Art
Telephoto zoom lens • Canon EF, Nikon F (DX), Sigma SA Bayonet
Announced: Feb 23, 2016
SushiEater's score
Average community score
Nikon D500 Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 DC HSM Art
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow