3rd Party Face Recognition Tools for tagging people in a large number of photos?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jfriend00 Forum Pro • Posts: 12,694
3rd Party Face Recognition Tools for tagging people in a large number of photos?

I'm looking for a tool that could add keywords based on facial recognition in my photos.

I have a library of 160,000 photos that I'd like to tag by the people that are in them.  In reality, I really only care about perhaps 40-50 different people (extended family), not every single person that ever appears in a photo.

I've experimented with the facial recognition in LR6 and it's so ridiculously slow to use on a large library that it's unusable for me (and I have a pretty fast overclocked desktop computer/drives).  I'm not moving up to subscription LR so that's not an option.

Are there any good 3rd party tools that can help with facial recognition tagging of my photos?

I need it to be able to read RAW files and I need it to apply the keywords in some way that is compatible with various library tools (perhaps via XMP sidecar file).  I need it to be FAST.  I don't care if it takes overnight to scan the images, but the process of confirming facial recognition guesses and naming faces that are alike needs to be fast (that's where LR6 totally fails as the process of just confirming a suggested name on a group of photos can take 10-15 seconds for one operation).

And, ultimately, I need the tagged people names to end up as keywords in an exported JPEG so I can use the keywords from the JPEG in my online gallery (Smugmug) which can make virtual galleries based on keywords.

-- hide signature --

John

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow