RX10iii Aperture control problem, or user error?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jeadm Senior Member • Posts: 1,900
RX10iii Aperture control problem, or user error?

I recently purchased a Sony RX10iii used online from Amazon warehouse. Cosmetically, you can't tell the difference between a new model and this one, it's that clean.

I like what I see so far but I don't have too much experience with this particular lineup of models. While the camera seems to be functioning normally in dumb auto mode, I'm having trouble adjusting the aperture in aperture priority or manual modes, either with the control dial or the aperture lens ring. It doesn't do anything other than stay wide open at the various focal lengths along the zoom. Auto mode seems to still work but that's not my style.

As I'm new to this particular style of camera, I wanted to rule out a dumb beginner's mistake on my part to make sure I'm not missing anything before I call in an RMA.

Jeadm's gear list:Jeadm's gear list
Sony a77 II Tamron SP AF 70-200mm F/2.8 Di LD (IF) MACRO Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Sony 85mm F2.8 SAM Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM +16 more
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow