$1K to get into Fujifilm - could use some purchase advice

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Jason Contributing Member • Posts: 525
$1K to get into Fujifilm - could use some purchase advice

I'm having trouble deciding which package below offers the best value with serious consideration for future-proofing. My budget is $1K US including tax, shipping, maybe an extra battery or two, etc.

XE3 w/18-55mm - $800

XE3 w/23mm f2 - $750

X-T30 w/15-45mm - $850

I typically shoot primes with my current gear, but I like having zooms available. Assuming I prefer the Fujifilm gear to my M43 gear, I'll sell my current gear and use the proceeds to pick up more lenses. Eventually, I'll want a normal zoom, a telephoto zoom (or maybe a superzoom) and a couple primes in the 35-90mm range. Preferably, one of the above will have macro capabilities.

I am an enthusiast with interest in most types of photography and an increasing interest in video. I want to try Fujifilm gear because I enjoy traditional controls, and I have long admired the colors and rendering I've seen from the system.

With that in mind, which package offers the best starting point in your opinion?

Jason's gear list:Jason's gear list
Olympus OM-D E-M10 II Panasonic Lumix G 20mm F1.7 ASPH Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 O.I.S Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 14-42mm F3.5-5.6 EZ
ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow