Sony ergonomics, menu system, controls and colors ...

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
tommiejeep
tommiejeep Veteran Member • Posts: 7,043
Re:Not jumping ship but...

I am using shooting a7iii and Z6.

I have both cameras pretty well set up for my shooting, If shooting action with an MILC I reach for the a7iii, For most other shooting I go to the Z6.

The a7iii is a big improvement to the a7ii (sold) and a7rii (which I gave to my son but still use on occasion) . I do not need the higher MP.

Sony has hastened the swing from DSLR to MILC but I still prefer the DSLR for some shooting. I can use all of my Sony lenses on the Z6. The only things that I prefer on the Sony a7iii are AF and more customizable but do hate the menus when I need them.

At the moment I (and my wife and son) are very happy using both.

The family has been using MILC since the first EM-5 arrived in India so all of us are used to more complicated menus and inter-dependent settings which have to be remembered.

Really boils down to personal preference and use. Shooting the Z6 and a7iii at same target, side by side with same FL and f stop I much prefer the Z6 metering and colours ( I know that is subjective) . I normally shoot RAW, or Raw and jpeg, so can get colours I like from either.

As far as size and grip I do not find a big difference. I have half cases on both and use Small Rig on both. VF on Z6 is better than a7iii and I find the touchscreen (primarily used for Street and Documentary) excellent on Z6 and pretty useless on a7iii.

I will probably not buy another DSLR or Sony lens but never say never

Just my 2 rupees

-- hide signature --

Anticipate the Light and wing it when you get it wrong but always have fun
Tom
http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/165169

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow