iMovie is horrifyingly bad, what do you use instead?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
9VIII Contributing Member • Posts: 653
iMovie is horrifyingly bad, what do you use instead?

I just spent about two hours shouting expletives (mostly internally) at my iPad trying to edit a simple 30 second video.

It's like walking with your feet tied together, or maybe more like walking without feet at all and your shin stubs are also tied together.

You can't even name the video. Output quality? Forget it. You can't even choose to keep your original recording quality.

Even Apple seems to acknowledge how bad it is since the Photos app now has a (slightly) more capable video editor, oh the irony.

I am shocked beyond belief that anyone would ever recommend this software to anyone for any reason (Maybe with the exception of making throwaway clips for Instagram).

At this point I'm so traumatized I'd consider putting some real money into a good video editing program on iOS. That in itself is probably a tall order though.

I don't have any detailed requirements, basic software stability might be priority #1, and then to be able to chop up videos and choose any output quality anywhere between 480p and up to 4K60. Room to grow is always good, as long as the program makes sense to people who like to edit video I'm sure that's what I would prefer eventually.

HDR/120fps support would be gravy.

The one special caveat might be that I'm allergic to Adobe.

Thanks for any suggestions.

9VIII's gear list:9VIII's gear list
Canon EOS 1100D Fujifilm X-E2S Canon EF 400mm f/5.6L USM Sigma 150mm F2.8 EX DG Macro HSM Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II +5 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow