Picture import issue. Apple/Nikon Products. Help!

Started 1 month ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jklinkphoto New Member • Posts: 3
Picture import issue. Apple/Nikon Products. Help!

Hi. I recently upgraded my camera body from a Nikon D7100 to a D500. I have all apple products and have an iMac and a MacBook pro that all use the latest software.

However when I import the Pictures into photos on my computer portraits get distorted. It doesn't matter where I am viewing them, laptop, phone, iPad, they get distorted. If I am in thumbnail view and there are multiple pictures in view the shots taken in portrait orientation appear correctly. however when i click on them to look at that particular image the phone zooms/crops the picture and turns it sidewise. If I edit the picture this no longer occurs. But it is not a rotation issue because when I tap edit it turns the picture to the proper orientation. I can rate the picture 360 and it fixes the issue. But I was wondering if anyone knows how to fix this issue. is it a setting in my camera perhaps? I am still new the photography. Again I never had any issues with this on the D7100. I also use lightroom and there is no issues with the pictures rotating. I will leave a screen recording of what happens in this post.

Thanks so much for any help anyone can provide!!

Update. This Issue only happens with RAW files. JPG are fine.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
Nikon D500 Nikon D7100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow