Embarrasing dog challenge

Started Dec 2, 2019 | Discussions thread
abiquiuense
abiquiuense Senior Member • Posts: 6,501
Re: Embarrasing dog challenge

barb_s wrote:

abiquiuense wrote:

barb_s wrote:

Regarding the voting.... The 1/2 star voter on the 3rd place photo gave low marks to many, including the 1st 2. He/She gave no 5's and many 1's and 1.5's but seemed to like some of the nicer photo's like the 10th place entry, but the majority were just low votes. That voter's opinions were just as valid as others. It wasn't someone voting down the good ones.

You worked it out using the "anonymized voter" method? How would you encourage this member to openly discuss the "rationale," forming the decision to award a particular vote, for a particular entry?

Yes. I can see the number of votes and if I spent a lot of time could see which photo's each of the anonymous names voted on each photo. I didn't go that far.

I reviewed your newly sprung (2012) series' forward. I might safely say that one member took you up on the "rules," and made a comment, well before the votes. Where the forward, might not necessarily be thought of as a rule, its premise, if enforced from the start of the challenge, might have attracted a different set of voters. Given these parameters, might not all entries have been disqualified?

This is an old series that had a lot of interaction. I just used it to add a couple of different challenges. I also just changed the series theme since Andre and I do not jointly work on them in the same manner.

Eg.; this is a still life. As a still life it totally deserves a "3.0". I expect a "5.0" from piñón (spelled correctly, by the rule for accentuation) lovers. I expect a "3.0" from turquoise lovers. And, a "5.0' from the Nestle's sleeper cell.

Which brings me to;

To Member "LaChien, and her/his sleeper cell". "La" is feminine; "Chien" is masculine. Nice concordance, grammatically speaking. You've 2,741 votes to your credit, in four years of membership. Would you please post a "myVotes" screen shot of a past challenge where you voted, together with a rationale/schematic that compelled your different awards?

If the attached is a still life, member lachien; would you please describe your schematic?

You are making a comment to someone that I do not think reads this forum. I would be surprised if you get a reply.

I am hoping that the dog voter block loses interest in the whole thing and does not feel the need to test our challenges further. All they will do is alienate people entering and hosts too.

Thank you, barb.

Have you had occasion to eat piñón?  No need to answer.

Cheers, abiquiuense.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow