Anyone know what is new in Capture One Pro 20?

Started Oct 29, 2019 | Discussions thread
OP KBStudio Regular Member • Posts: 425
Re: Anyone know what is new in Capture One Pro 20?

After several days of using the Beta version, I downloaded the "Full" version today. I am impressed enough with the changes, to create a catalog of my personal work. I have been using Capture One version 12.

I have only been using LR for my personal stuff. But after testing and familiarizing myself with C1 Pro Sony's interface, I have begun the painful process of Importing one of my Image databases. I has been running for 45 minutes and says it will take another 4 hours and 47 minutes to complete. After that, I have two more. This gonna take awhile.

Back to the software. I tested and compared LR conversions with C1 Pro Sony and found it difficult to achieve the same results. This isn't to say that C1 was not as good. Only different. I was/am impressed with the high ISO noise reduction. I did find that after the noise reduction, the files were a little more susceptible to banding around high contrast transitions. I will have to look at this further. It might be operator error. Still learning the limits of this new interface.

I do like the more powerful use of "levels". Also noticed that there was more control over tonal values. I like the "color adjustment" system much better than LR. I don't like the limited "healing" interface. It is no where near as efficient as LR. Overall the file exports look smoother yet sharper.

Lots more testing needed.

Update, screwed up the Import.  Need to work on this.

KBStudio's gear list:KBStudio's gear list
Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sony a7R II Sony a7R III Canon EF 70-200mm F2.8L IS II USM Canon EF 24-70mm F2.8L II USM +7 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow