Precise resizing in Photo Shop

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bill hansen Veteran Member • Posts: 9,951
Precise resizing in Photo Shop

When resizing in PS CC, is there a way to set the exact size of each side of the image?

I want to have some images printed by Bay Photo. They require that images be submitted in the exact dimensions of their standard formats, or they will crop the image (they don't do letter boxing). I have quite a few images I saved at sizes near what Bay Photo requires, but I don't see a way of resizing in PS CC while changing the aspect ratio.

Hope I'm making myself clear - maybe an example will help - I have a print which I've saved (years ago) at 300 ppi, 11.7 X15 inches. It's quite a good image as far as color, noise, detail etc are concerned, and it would print well at a size larger than 11X14 - but 11X14 is what I went. For Bay Photo, I need to resize it to exactly 11X14 inches or else let them crop it as they see fit. The only way I know thow to make an exact 11X14 resizing is to *guess* at how much I need to crop the short side of the image (11.7"), and then look at the resulting size. I can do that, but it's a cumbersome and repetitive process. There must be an easier way.

Stretching either aspect of the image is out of the question.

Thanks for whatever advice or help anyone can give.

-- hide signature --

Bill Hansen
Ithaca NY, USA

Olympus FE-20 (C-25 / X-15)
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow