Embarrasing dog challenge

Started Dec 2, 2019 | Discussions thread
DenWil
DenWil Veteran Member • Posts: 4,275
Re: Embarrasing dog challenge

fferreres wrote:

Look at the "winner" and the runner up. Really, there cannot be more disgusting photos in terms of photographic quality, setting. The "winner" even has all this photoshop work, but can't even get the dog eyes in focus. The second one is just worst than a 2003 phone stretched, with the wire fence as background.

The third entry is the only non-fake one, a really great portrait and great expression, with good focusing, background and everything you could expect from a high position. Someone voted it half stars...had to made sure to bring it down.

I think the results are nothing short of embarassing.

Disgusting is   an exaggeration  here but I  agree with your  general conclusions. People like what they like and that sometimes astounds me.  I agree those who are not willing to simply vote  and let the chips fall where they may are an unfortunate lot.

First #6

Second  #12

Third #3

A lot of poor framing, aperture choice,  repetition of what we've all seen a thousand times. Boring  flat backgrounds are not helping  quite a few people.

I am not a fan of keyhole framing or  ultra shallow depth of field.

To assuage  those who might be saying well, where is your dog pic...While waiting for everyone else one day a while back  I put the model's dog to work-

-- hide signature --

dw

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow