C-AF & tracking: Canon 100mm IS Macro on EOS R vs Sony A7R III/IV

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
Architeuthis Regular Member • Posts: 199
C-AF & tracking: Canon 100mm IS Macro on EOS R vs Sony A7R III/IV

I have several Canon EF lenses here, most important for me the Canon 100mm IS Macro with EF mount.

I try to decide whether to acquire a Sony A7RIII/IV (maybe II) or an EOS R and use this lens with adapters (Metabones V or Canon EF to RF).

My question is whether someone has this lens with both types of cameras and could tell me how good (precisison, speed and sucess rate) the C-AF with tracking will work in comparison under low light conditions (focus on spot in the middle, then C-AF + tracking).

A comparison with the native Sony 90mm Macro on Sony body would also be helpful (eventually, when C-AF is better than all the assemblies above, I would change the lens).

I also have Oly EM1II and EM5II and use with Zuiko 60mm Macro. So a comparison of these cameras with lenses to the Zuiko 60mm on EM1II (or EM5II) would also be helpful for me to provide a refernce for orientation...

I will post this tread also in the Sony forum...

Thanks, Wolfgang

Architeuthis's gear list:Architeuthis's gear list
Olympus E-M1 II Olympus E-M5 II Canon EF 100mm F2.8L Macro IS USM Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 9-18mm F4.0-5.6 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +6 more
Sony a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow