I feel sorry for Olympus!

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Weegee
Weegee Senior Member • Posts: 2,552
I feel sorry for Olympus!

Maybe that's why their sales are slowing down. I now have ( for my needs ) the ultimate in camera bodies and lenses. I really don't need anything more. How about those fabulous f/1.2 lenses? Sure, but frankly, I'd use them only 5% of the time. And like all of us, as we age, we become more lazy. Do I really want to change lenses when it's raining or in the middle of crowds or traffic? Not really. So, for the sake of convenience and quality ( they are maybe 10% less sharp than the fixed focal length lenses ), I prefer zooms. Heck, with these zooms, I cover 14mm to 600mm and Ibis let's me take sharp images with the 600mm at 1/125 sec.

Available light? With Ibis and the normal/wide angles I can shoot at 1/8sec. If push comes to shove, I can go to iso 1250. I don't like to go any higher.

So, what will tempt me to buy more Olympus products? A body with hand held hi-res or some small pancake lenses.

I also bought the smallest back pack I could find on line. It's nice and cheap ( not the quality ) at under $ 30.00

Here are a few images to illustrate my miscellaneous ramblings.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow