New Years Day 2019 - Ploughing through the snow on a horse carriage

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
An avid reader
An avid reader Forum Member • Posts: 50
New Years Day 2019 - Ploughing through the snow on a horse carriage

As I am preparing my yearly photo calendar, I found those pictures of the first day of this year 2019 and I decided to share them here. What a nice memory from the Austrian Alpes. I remember it had been snowing for 3 days in a row and on New Years Day the weather was just perfect. The rider took us up the mountain in the morning to a so called "Alm", a place, where you find a little restaurant and they still produce their own milk.

We are going back there this year. Let's hope for the same snow and sunshine.

All pictures taken with the A6300, 18-135 mm combo, jpegs.

Thanks for watching.

This is the kind of carriage we used to get up the mountain. We were all tucked in big blankets and this is what I saw on our way up to the "Alm".

there comes another view of the horse, the driver and the carriage. Now we are on our way..

a last ski-slope and afterwards it is only nature.

I cannot recall the name of this majestic mountain range.

I tried some black and white for a change.

I actually printed this image out and hung in on my office wall. The 18-135 is really a great travel lens.

House with icicles. Maybe a little bit to bright.

another winter landscape shot handheld out of the carriage (we never stopped on our way to the mountain bar)

we have alread arrived on top and took a small walk to the chapel up above the mountain bar.

This is the chapel with the mountain range behind.

This is inside the mountain restaurant. Austrian food and beverage are great. They had a litte fountain from outside to cool the drinks.

A last shot of the mountain restaurant from up above.

An avid reader's gear list:An avid reader's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony a6600 Sony E 50mm F1.8 OSS Sigma 30mm F2.8 DN | A Sigma 30mm F1.4 for Sony E +2 more
Sony a6300
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow