Clear Image Zoom. Is it effective? Do you use it? Hoping to use it for Sigma 16mm crop lens

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jake14mw Contributing Member • Posts: 781
Clear Image Zoom. Is it effective? Do you use it? Hoping to use it for Sigma 16mm crop lens

Hi all,

I just switched over to Sony.  Just purchased an A7iii for my main work, and an A6000 for when I want a smaller camera.  I have read very good things on the Sigma 16mm 1.4 crop lens. So, I was hoping to be able to use it on the A7iii when appropriate.

I know I could use the crop mode on A7iii. But from what I've seen the Sigma only needs a 1.3 crop instead of the full 1.5 crop.  I was hoping to be able to use the Clear Image zoom function, and select 1.3.

I did some googling on Clear Image zoom.  It seems that most people agree that for video, it's very effective for 4k, but not advisable for use with 1080.  I can't find any definitive info for photos.  I'm more interested in that.  I have seen some people saying it's effective, and others that it's not great.

What have you heard/seen?  What do you think about Clear Image zoom?  Also, if anyone has any experience or opinion of using crop lenses on FF, I would love to hear that.  Thanks.

Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow