27mm F2.8 opinions?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
JNR
JNR Veteran Member • Posts: 3,855
Re: 27mm F2.8 opinions?

Rod McD wrote:

Hi,

The 27mm is a great little lens - usable WO but better - very sharp - once stopped down a tad. I find the lack of an AR somewhat annoying because for me, the MO is different from all my other Fuji lenses except the 50-230. If Fuji ever release a MkII with an AR, I'd trade up......

I think whether you can get an XE +27mm into a pocket rather depends on your definition of "pocket'. Jacket pocket - certainly. Is it a good idea to put a piece of precision optical gear into a pocket is another question. Maybe it says something about me or my laundry, but in my experience pockets tend to get full of dust, lint, glider clips, keys, bits of sandy shells the kids picked up and asked me to carry, etc, etc, etc, you get the idea - all inimical to optical gear..... How about a dedicated belt pouch?

Cheers, Rod

Good point about pocket lint and dust. My cargo pants pockets tend to stay pretty clean as they have a side zipper that makes it easy to clean out. In any event, a good solution would be to utilize one of those micro-fiber bags that come with eyeglasses to protect the camera and lens in a pocket. The bag doubles as a cleaning cloth.

More often, I have the camera along in a work satchel or briefcase.

-- hide signature --

JNR

JNR's gear list:JNR's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm 50mm F2 R WR Phase One Capture One Pro Pentax K-01 Pentax K-3 +20 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
JNR
JNR
lk2
JNR
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow