Raw File Workflow Questions/Help/Suggestions?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RobDMB Regular Member • Posts: 368
Raw File Workflow Questions/Help/Suggestions?

Hi All,

Looking for some advice on a workflow for RAW Files. Currently, I have been using Lightroom CC (the cloud version) to store my files.  Generally, I just import RAW only and edit as necessary in Lightroom.  I typically do not export edits into any sort of new file - Lightroom just automatically displays the imported RAWs, as edited, in the catalog.

Recently, however, I am considering switching to a dedicated DAM and using third party editors.  And have a few questions, I'm looking for advice on.

1. Thoughts no using dedicated DAM/third party editor versus just using Lightroom CC for all your files stored in the cloud?

2. For those that use Lightroom as a DAM, when you edit RAW files, do you save your edits as a new file? Or do you just keep it as a RAW file in Lightroom that shows the edits?

3. For DAM/Third Party, what format is recommended to save your edits in to send back to DAM? What format/settings maximize quality?

Any other thoughts or suggestions are appreciated! Thanks!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow